At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking four (4) permanent full-time Accountant, Senior Managers for our growing team at our Toronto office located at Suite 300, 111 Richmond Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4.
Positioning our clients for success, MNP is a leader in providing transaction advisory services throughout Canada. Our team of recognized professionals help clients maximize their potential by providing innovative strategies for divestitures, financing, due diligence and acquisitions. With offices strategically located across Canada, we have the experience and expertise organizations need to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the national and global marketplace.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Identify client issues that need to be addressed with engagement partners
- Plan and lead simultaneous engagements focused on helping clients implement tax strategies
- Proactively identify and analyze client needs and provide clients with comprehensive solutions and advice
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Monitor the progress of work being completed on client files and coach team
- Facilitate positive relations with clients and develop new client relationships
- Facilitate client relationships with MNP and teams to deliver client service excellence
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry through experiential learning with clients
- Network in the local business community; consider business development opportunities
- Mentor and coach team members towards professional and personal development
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
- Participate in the facilitation of MNP internal training programs
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events including client and company sponsored functions
- Possess a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Completion of, or willingness to, complete the CPA In-depth Corporate Reorganizations course and/or Tax Issues for the Owner-Manager Business
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
We encourage a balanced lifestyle and offer benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive wage of $70,990.40 per annun, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
We proudly serve and respond to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
When applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and other applicable forms in one (1) document. Please apply by email at email@example.com.